Scanning Services ~ Photos, Negatives, SlidesUK Media Services by Yesterday Reborn, Swanley / Dartford
Photos Scanned to Digital Format
Scanning your original photos means that you preserve them in digital format. You can then easily share the digital image with family and friends, post on Social Media, all without damage to the precious original. The digital scan can also be printed out in the same size or larger than the original.
Your pictures will be saved in the universal jpg format.
You have a choice of two different scanning resolution options:
- 600dpi scan is typical for many users and ideal for printing copies . A scan at this resolution will result in a final printed picture size double that of the original photo. We can scan at any resolution you like, at no extra charge.
- As a second option we can scan at any optical resolution that you like, this is especially useful if you have a 6 x 4 photo (for example) and want a picture 36 x 24. We will scan at the resolution required to get that final print size.
Photo Scanning Prices
Photo scans cost just 25pence per picture.
We can also offer a service whereby we remove small blemishes, increase or decrease the exposure, lighting, contrast and colour as well as remove dust spots etc.
See here for our Photo Editing Services.
Slides Scanned to Digital Format
Have your 35mm slides scanned so that your original images are safe and the digital copy can be shared with anyone you like. Also, just like any digital picture it can also be printed out.
Pre-treatment of slides includes the removal of surface dust and the correct orientation of the final scan. This means that its not sideways or upside down when you get it back.
As part of the service we offer a degree of correction to the digital image including, increasing the exposure, correcting colour levels, increase or decrease lighting and contrast levels.
We do not use automated dust removal techniques often referred to as Digital ICE. This is acknowledged to soften the picture overall. If corrections are needed following the scan these can be carried out by you with a suitable photo editing programme. Alternatively, we can do that for you.
For details of our additional photo editing services please see our Photo Editing Page.
We scan most types of slides but the original 35mm with a size of 1.35” x 0.85” inches is the most common and dimensions above refer to this size of slide. Other slide sizes yield smaller pictures, and different dimensions.
You have a choice of 2 different scanning resolution options:
- 2400 dpi – Our most popular scanning option as it gives a picture that can be printed up to A4 or smaller without a problem. It s also an excellent size for Smart TV and 4K TV Systems.
- 4800 dpi – A much higher resolution for those wishing to print out larger images up to 24 x 16. The quality of the picture does not improve, it just allows for a bigger print.
If you require a different scan dpi to the two listed we can offer from 300 dpi up to 6400 optical resolution.
By default, we save all the digital images jpg files as this is a universal image type easily displayed on all computers, tablets, phones and TV systems.
For professional photographers the images can be saved as tiff files, resulting, of course, in a much bigger file.
Slide Scanning Prices
Cost is just 25 pence per slide scan.
Negatives Scanned to Digital Format
Have your 35mm negatives scanned so that your original images are safe and the digital copy can be shared with anyone you like. Also, just like any digital picture it can also be printed out. Pre-scan treatment includes the removal of surface dust, Post scan we shall apply colour correction, improve the brightness and contrast etc for an improved image.
- 2400 dpi – Gives a typical photo size of A4 – only 25p per scan.
We can offer a degree of corrections to the digital image including, increasing the exposure, colour levels, removal of small blemishes , increase or decrease lighting and contrast levels.
Negatives larger than 35mm are classified as Medium Format and we can scan and image 120 and 220 formats and others. Medium Format As with all negatives we lightly remove surface dust, the original will be scanned at 1200dpi.
The scan service includes cropping the picture to remove the negative border sections. These more unusual negative sizes are charged at a slightly different rate.
For all your media needs call us today or email us, below...